Sunday, February 5, 2012

Rainy Days and Mondays

Digressing again! Can't help it...blogging is really addictive :-) It's also hard to really type whatever comes into your mind while you're writing about something as serious as solutions for a sick child (although I do take some liberties on this front!).

So, it's Sunday night and I'm listening to "Rainy Days & Mondays" by the Carpenters. How appropriate. I hate Mondays (love the Carpenters however). Stating the obvious, I know. I really hate them though - it's that feeling of dread that your relaxing weekend is coming to an end and that the rat race is about to begin again. Right now, Friday is not 5 days away, it's EONS away. Taking the cake for why I hate Mondays is the fact that I usually have an early morning conference call to dial into. Plus, I am back on the time bomb that is getting R & Z ready for school. Amid Z's cries of  "I want to wear a dreeeesssss" and "I don't want to go to the bathroom", I am running around like a headless chicken, negotiating breakfast choices with R and trying to respond to work e-mails. What's worse is that I don't have my partner in crime with me tomorrow, as he's travelling. Sigh. 

I think I was the only one in this country not watching the Super Bowl tonight! 


May *your* Mondays always be sunny and cheerful!


~S~

No comments:

Post a Comment